Wallem Maritime Services, Inc. (WMSI) gives importance to the protection of privacy and security of personal information. All personal information gathered and collected by the company are solely intended for the purpose explicitly stated.
It is the policy of WMSI to respect and uphold data privacy rights, and to ensure that all personal data collected from data subjects are processed pursuant to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality as stated in the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
All employees of WMSI are enjoined to comply with and to share in the responsibility to secure and protect personal information collected and processed by WMSI in pursuit of legitimate purposes.
- WMSI adheres to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality in the collection, processing, securing, retention and disposal of personal information.
- Data subjects shall be informed of the reason or purpose of collecting and processing of personal data.
- The consent of the data subject is important. Consent means the data subject agrees to the collection and processing of his or her personal, sensitive personal, or privileged information. It must be a freely given, specific, and informed indication of will.
- The data subject shall have the right to correct the information especially in cases of erroneous or outdated data, and to object to collection of personal information within the bounds allowed by privacy laws.
- The data subject has the right to file a complaint in case of breach or unauthorized access of his personal information.
- WMSI shall secure the personal information of data subjects and shall take adequate measures to secure both physical and digital copies of the information.
- WMSI shall ensure that personal information is collected and processed only by authorized personnel for legitimate purposes of the company.
- Any information that is declared obsolete based on the internal privacy and retention procedures of WMSI shall be disposed of in a secure and legal manner.
- Data subjects may inquire or request for information from WMSI, regarding any matter relating to the processing of their personal data under the custody of WMSI, including the data privacy and security policies implemented to ensure the protection of their personal of this Manual.
- Transparency. Data subject should be informed of the purpose for which the information is being collected; consent must be obtained prior to data collection.
- Proportionality. Personal Information collected must be reasonably necessary or directly related to employment.
- Legitimate purpose. In collecting personal information, WMSI shall use the information only for legitimate purposes.
- Data subjects are notified and their consent is secured. The company collects personal information of data subjects, including their full name, address, email address, contact number, among others. Where personal information is collected, consent is executed by the data subject through a consent form.
- Access only to Authorized Personnel. Only authorized personnel are allowed to access and process the personal information collected from data subjects and only for its intended process.
- Collected information is reasonably necessary and directly related to employment purposes. Authorized company personnel shall collect personal information which is reasonably necessary or directly related to WMSI’s primary or secondary functions or activities. Personal Information shall not be collected in anticipation that it may be useful in the future (“just in case” it is needed). Access is restricted, such that records may only be retrieved upon specific instructions of the Data Privacy Officer and only for legitimate purposes or upon the request of the seafarer for copies of their individual record pursuant to WMSI’s procedures and policies on request for records.